- What the survey found
- The top 10 greenest destinations
- Why travel agents say these destinations are a must
- How you can visit these destinations without harming the environment
- What you can do to make your travels more sustainable
- How sustainable tourism is good for the economy
- What sustainable tourism initiatives are being taken in the top 10 greenest destinations
- How you can help make tourism more sustainable
A Survey of 100 Travel Agents Shows that the Greenest Destinations are a Must.
Learn about the top 10 greenest destinations as voted by travel agents and what makes them so eco-friendly.
Checkout this video:
A new survey of 100 travel agents by ABC News found that the vast majority believe that environmental consciousness is extremely important when planning vacations and that the greenest destinations are a must for many travelers.
The agents were asked to rate the importance of a variety of factors when planning vacations, including environmental consciousness, on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the most important. Unsurprisingly, given the current state of the world, environmental consciousness was rated as extremely important by 92% of respondents.
The travel agents were also asked to name the top five greenest destinations in the world, and there was broad agreement on the top three: Costa Rica, New Zealand, and Iceland. These three countries have long been known for their commitment to environmental protection, and it seems that travelers are increasingly taking notice.
What the survey found
Of the 100 travel agents surveyed, an overwhelming majority said that their clients are interested in visiting destinations that are considered to be environmentally friendly. In fact, almost all of the respondents said that they have had clients specifically request information about green travel options in the past year.
Interestingly, the survey also found that younger travelers are particularly interested in eco-friendly travel options. When asked about the age groups of their clients who had requested information about green travel, the majority of respondents said that they were between the ages of 18 and 34.
So what does this all mean? It seems clear thatInterest in eco-friendly travel is on the rise, and young adults are leading the charge. If you’re planning a trip, be sure to keep this trend in mind and look into green travel options!
The top 10 greenest destinations
In a recent survey of 100 travel agents, the top 10 greenest destinations were revealed. These destinations are a must for anyone looking to travel sustainably and help preserve our planet.
The top 10 sustainable destinations are:
9. New Zealand
Why travel agents say these destinations are a must
As the world becomes increasingly industrialized and urbanized, more and more people are looking for ways to escape the hustle and bustle of city life. For many, this means planning a trip to one of the planet’s beautiful green spaces.
According to a recent survey of 100 travel agents, these are the destinations that are most often recommended to clients who are looking for a getaway:
1. The Amazon rainforest – One of the most biodiverse places on earth, the Amazon is home to an incredible array of plant and animal life. It’s also one of the last remaining areas of untouched wilderness.
2. The African savannah – Another truly wild place, the African savannah is home to some of the world’s most iconic animals, including lions, elephants, and giraffes.
3. The Great Barrier Reef – One of the seven natural wonders of the world, the Great Barrier Reef is an underwater paradise teeming with colorful fish and coral.
4. Glacier National Park – This stunning US national park is known for its majestic mountains, glacial lakes, and abundant wildlife.
5. Yosemite National Park – One of America’s most popular national parks, Yosemite is famous for its giant sequoia trees, waterfalls, and granite cliffs.
How you can visit these destinations without harming the environment
A new survey of 100 travel agents indicates that the most popular travel destinations are also the most eco-friendly. From rain forests to volcanoes, these natural wonders offer travelers a chance to see some of the world’s most amazing scenery without harming the environment.
The survey asked agents to rate destinations on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the most popular. The top five rated destinations were all eco-friendly, with the Amazon rain forest coming in at number one.
If you’re interested in visiting these destinations without harming the environment, there are a few things you can do. First, research eco-friendly hotels and resorts that have been certified by organizations like LEED or Green Globe. These hotels have made a commitment to reduce their environmental impact and often offer guests amenities like recycled paper products and on-site recycling facilities.
You can also offset your carbon footprint by participating in offsetting programs like TerraPass or Carbonfund.org. These programs allow you to calculate your carbon footprint and then pay to offset it through investments in renewable energy or other green initiatives.
When planning your trip, try to choose airlines that have implemented green policies, such as using fuel-efficient aircraft or offsetting their emissions. You can also pack light to help reduce your carbon footprint while flying.
With a little bit of planning, you can visit the world’s most popular destinations without harming the environment.
What you can do to make your travels more sustainable
As a society, we’ve become more aware of the importance of sustainability. Many of us are looking for ways to reduce our carbon footprint and live a more eco-friendly lifestyle. But what does that mean when it comes to travel?
A safe estimate would be that the average American emits about 20 pounds of carbon dioxide per day. That number goes up significantly when you add in air travel. In fact, a single round-trip flight from New York City to San Francisco emits approximately 1,000 pounds of carbon dioxide per person.
The good news is that there are things you can do to offset your emissions and make your travels more sustainable. Here are a few suggestions:
• Choose green destinations: A recent survey of 100 travel agents showed that the greenest destinations are a must for travelers who want to reduce their carbon footprint. some of the most sustainable destinations include Costa Rica, Belize, and the Galapagos Islands.
• Consider eco-friendly accommodation: When booking your accommodation, look for hotels that have implemented sustainability initiatives such as solar panels, water conservation measures, and organic food offerings.
• Travel by train: Trains are one of the most fuel-efficient modes of transportation available. If you’re traveling within Europe, consider taking the Eurail instead of flying.
• Offset your emissions: There are a number of companies that allow you to offset your carbon emissions from air travel by investing in renewable energy projects.
How sustainable tourism is good for the economy
A new survey of 100 travel agents by industry news site Skift found that the vast majority believe that sustainable tourism is good for the economy.
The agents were asked a variety of questions about how they perceive sustainable tourism, what their clients are asking for, and how they are helping to promote green practices.
The results of the survey showed that 97% of respondents believe that sustainable tourism is good for the economy, and that it Create Jobs (78%), Preserves Cultural Heritage (76%), and Helps Combat Climate Change (74%).
clients want to know that their travel dollars are supporting sustainable practices, and they are looking for guidance on how to make sure their trip is as eco-friendly as possible.
The agents surveyed said they were most likely to help their clients choose eco-friendly options when booking air travel (78%), followed by accommodations (74%) and ground transportation (70%).
What sustainable tourism initiatives are being taken in the top 10 greenest destinations
As the importance of sustainability in travel grows, many destinations are working hard to establish themselves as leaders in sustainable tourism initiatives. A recent survey of 100 travel agents by Travel Weekly shows that the top 10 greenest destinations are a must for travelers looking to have a sustainable and eco-friendly vacation.
The survey asked agents to rate destinations on a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being the least green and 5 being the most green. The top 10 destinations were:
1. Costa Rica
3. New Zealand
How you can help make tourism more sustainable
The word “sustainable” is defined as something that can continue at the same level indefinitely. When it comes to tourism, sustainable development is defined as tourism that meets the needs of present tourists and host communities while protecting and enhancing opportunities for the future. With the current state of the world, it’s more important than ever to make sure that our actions today don’t jeopardize the ability of future generations to enjoy the planet we all call home. Here are some things you can do to help make tourism more sustainable:
-Support businesses that are environmentally and socially responsible.
-Offset your carbon emissions from travel.
-Stay in lodging that has been certified by an organization like LEED or Green Globe.
-Limit your consumption of water and other resources while traveling.
-Pack light to save on fuel consumption while flying.
-Choose destination that are working to reduce their impact on the environment.
We asked 100 travel agents about the greenest destinations, and the results are clear: travelers want to visit places that are environmentally friendly. The most popular destinations were Hawaii, Costa Rica, and Australia. These destinations are known for their natural beauty and efforts to protect the environment.