Keep up to date with the latest travel restrictions in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Checkout this video:
The City of Green Bay has issued a travel advisory, asking residents to refrain from non-essential travel due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The advisory asks residents to avoid all travel if possible, and if not, to take precautions such as wearing a face mask and maintaining social distancing.
Why Visit Green Bay?
Green Bay is a city in and the county seat of Brown County in the U.S. state of Wisconsin, at the head of Green Bay, a sub-basin of Lake Michigan, at the mouth of the Fox River. It is 581 feet (177 m) above sea level and 112 miles (180 km) north of Milwaukee. The population was 104,057 at the 2010 census. Green Bay is the third-largest city in the state of Wisconsin, after Milwaukee and Madison, and the third-largest city on Lake Michigan’s west shore, after Chicago and Milwaukee.
When to Visit Green Bay?
Green Bay is a great place to visit any time of year! However, due to the pandemic, there are some travel restrictions in place.
Current travel restrictions:
-All visitors must have a negative COVID-19 test result within 72 hours of their arrival time OR must quarantine for 14 days upon arrival
-All visitors must wear a mask in public spaces
-Social distancing of at least six feet must be maintained
-Gatherings are limited to 25 people indoors and 50 people outdoors
How to Get to Green Bay?
If you are looking to travel to Green Bay, Wisconsin, there are a few things you should know before you go. The first is that there are no direct flights into the city, so you will need to fly into Milwaukee or Minneapolis and then take a connecting flight. The second is that there are a few travel restrictions in place.
Green Bay is located in the Northeastern part of the state, so if you are coming from the south, you will need to take I-43 North. If you are coming from the west, you will need to take I-94 East. And if you are coming from the north or east, you will need to take US-41 South.
Once you are in the city, there are a few things to do and see. The Packers Hall of Fame is a must-see for any football fan and Lambeau Field is a great place to watch a game. There are also several museums and parks worth visiting.
Where to Stay in Green Bay?
There are many hotels in the Green Bay area that are perfect for your needs whether you are looking for a luxurious stay or something more affordable. Below is a list of some of the most popular hotels in the area.
· Hyatt Regency Green Bay – This hotel is located in the heart of downtown Green Bay and offers easy access to all of the city’s attractions. The Hyatt Regency Green Bay also features an on-site restaurant and bar, as well as a fitness center and swimming pool.
· Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Green Bay – The Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Green Bay is located just minutes from Lambeau Field and offers free parking and Wi-Fi to all guests. The hotel also features an on-site restaurant, bar, and fitness center.
· Holiday Inn Express & Suites Green Bay East – The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Green Bay East is located just off of I-43 and offers easy access to all of the city’s attractions. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Green Bay East also offers free parking and Wi-Fi, as well as an indoor heated pool.
What to Do in Green Bay?
Green Bay is a beautiful city located in Wisconsin. It is a great place to visit, especially if you love the outdoors. However, there are some restrictions that you should be aware of before travelling there. Here are some things to do in Green Bay:
-Visit the Packers Hall of Fame
-Take a tour of Lambeau Field
-Visit the National Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help
-Explore the Green Bay Botanical Gardens
-Visit the Neville Public Museum
What to Eat in Green Bay?
When visiting Green Bay, there are a few things you should know about the food options. Here are some of the best places to eat in Green Bay:
1. Packers Pub & Grill – This is a great place to watch the game and enjoy some good food. The pub offers a variety of burgers, sandwiches, salads, and appetizers.
2. Fat Joe’s Bar & Grill – Fat Joe’s is a popular bar and grill that offers a wide selection of beers and typical bar food. The menu includes burgers, wings, and other American favorites.
3. Titletown Brewing Company – This brewery offers a variety of beers, as well as wood-fired pizzas and other pub fare.
4. Imperial Garden – If you’re looking for some good Chinese food, Imperial Garden is the place to go. The restaurant offers both traditional Chinese dishes and Americanized Chinese food.
5. Van Abel’s Hollandtown Dairy – This dairy farm offers ice cream, cheese, butter, and other dairy products that are all made on-site.
Shopping in Green Bay
The following is a list of current shopping restrictions in Green Bay, Wisconsin:
-All retail stores are required to close at 8:00 pm
-All indoor malls are closed
-Outdoor retail stores are limited to 50% capacity
-No more than 5 people from the same household can be in a retail store at one time
Nightlife in Green Bay
Green Bay is a great place to visit for those who love the outdoors, but there are also plenty of options for those who enjoy a more active nightlife. Here are some of the best places to go for a night out on the town in Green Bay.
The B Side
The B Side is a great place to start your night, with its lively atmosphere and wide selection of drinks. The bar also has a large outdoor patio that is perfect for enjoying the warm summer nights.
The Distillery is another popular bar in Green Bay, known for its craft cocktails and extensive beer list. The bar also has a spacious patio area that is perfect for groups.
Hody’s Bar & Grill
If you’re looking for a more laid-back atmosphere, Hody’s Bar & Grill is the perfect spot. The bar has a pool table and dartboards, and serves up traditional pub fare like burgers and wings.
Tips for Visiting Green Bay
There are a few things to keep in mind when planning a trip to Green Bay, Wisconsin. First, the city has a strict bag policy for all events at Lambeau Field. Only clear bags that are 12 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches or smaller will be allowed into the stadium. All bags will be searched, so plan accordingly.
Second, Green Bay is a very spread out city, so having a car is basically a necessity. There are a few bus lines that run through the city, but they are limited and often require transfers. Taxis are also an option, but they can be quite expensive.
Finally, keep in mind that Wisconsin weather can be unpredictable. The temperatures can vary greatly from one day to the next, so it’s always a good idea to pack for both warm and cold weather conditions.