- Applying for a Colombian Tourist Visa as a Green Card Holder
- What to Expect When Applying for a Colombian Tourist Visa
- How to Apply for a Colombian Tourist Visa
- What Documents Do You Need to Apply for a Colombian Tourist Visa?
- How Much Does a Colombian Tourist Visa Cost?
- How Long Does a Colombian Tourist Visa Last?
- What Are the Requirements for a Colombian Tourist Visa?
- What Are the Restrictions for a Colombian Tourist Visa?
- What Happens if You Overstay Your Colombian Tourist Visa?
- Can You Renew Your Colombian Tourist Visa?
Starting December 1, 2016, green card holders will be able to travel to Colombia without a visa. This is great news for anyone planning a trip to South America!
Checkout this video:
Applying for a Colombian Tourist Visa as a Green Card Holder
If you’re a green card holder, you can now apply for a Colombian Tourist Visa! The process is relatively simple and can be done entirely online. Here’s what you need to know:
-You must have a valid green card.
-You must have a passport from your country of citizenship.
-You must have a valid email address.
1. Go to the website of the Colombian consulate or embassy in your country of residence.
2. Find the section titled “Visas” and click on “Tourist Visa.”
3. Read through the information on the page carefully.
4. Click on the link at the bottom of the page labeled “Apply for Visa Online.”
5. fill out the application form completely and accurately. Be sure to include your green card number!
6. Submit the form and pay the application fee using a credit or debit card.
7. Wait for an email confirmation from the consulate or embassy, which will include instructions on how to submit additional required documents, if any.
8 . Once your application is complete, you will receive another email with your visa attached as a PDF document
What to Expect When Applying for a Colombian Tourist Visa
If you are a green card holder, you may be eligible to travel to Colombia without a visa. However, there are a few things you should know before applying for a Colombian tourist visa.
First, green card holders are only eligible to apply for a tourist visa if they have been living in the United States for at least six months. Additionally, you will need to provide proof of your green card status, as well as a current passport and two passport-sized photographs.
Once you have gathered all of the required documentation, you will need to submit it to the Colombian consulate or embassy in your jurisdiction. The processing time for a Colombian tourist visa is typically about two weeks, but it can vary depending on the Consulate’s workload.
Once your visa has been approved, you will be able to travel to Colombia for up to ninety days. Keep in mind that your tourist visa can be extended for an additional ninety days if you submit a request to the Colombian Immigration office before your current visa expires.
How to Apply for a Colombian Tourist Visa
U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents (green card holders) may apply for a Colombian tourist visa at a Colombian consulate. To apply, you will need to submit a completed visa application form, a passport-size photo, your passport, and a copy of your green card. You may also need to submit additional documents, such as proof of travel insurance or proof of funds. The Consulate will then review your application and decide whether to issue you a visa.
What Documents Do You Need to Apply for a Colombian Tourist Visa?
Colombian citizens and residents can now travel to the United States without a visa, thanks to the new Colombia-U.S. Visa Waiver Program. If you’re a Colombian citizen or resident, you can apply for a U.S. tourist visa by following the steps below:
1. Complete the online visa application form (DS-160).
2. Schedule an appointment for an interview at the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Colombia.
3. Pay the non-refundable visa application fee of $160 USD.
4. Attend your interview and provide any additional required documents, such as a passport, proof of financial support, and proof of ties to Colombia (such as employment or family). If your application is approved, you will be issued a U.S. tourist visa (B-2) valid for up to 10 years (multiple entry).
How Much Does a Colombian Tourist Visa Cost?
A Colombian tourist visa costs $160 for US citizens, and is valid for 10 years.
How Long Does a Colombian Tourist Visa Last?
If you are a U.S. green card holder, you can now travel to Colombia without applying for a tourist visa. The Colombian Immigration Agency (CIA) announced the new policy on October 1, 2019. Under the new policy, green card holders can stay in Colombia for up to 90 days without a tourist visa.
This is good news for travelers who want to visit Colombia but don’t have time to apply for a tourist visa in advance. However, it’s important to note that this policy change does not exempt green card holders from other entry requirements, such as having a valid passport and proof of onward travel. Green card holders who plan to stay in Colombia for more than 90 days will still need to apply for a tourist visa in advance.
What Are the Requirements for a Colombian Tourist Visa?
As of December 1, 2017, U.S. green card holders no longer need a visa to enter Colombia as a tourist for stays of up to 90 days. If you plan to stay in Colombia for longer than 90 days or engaging in activities other than tourism (such as studying, working, or volunteering), you will need to apply for the appropriate visa
All travelers to Colombia must have a valid passport. If you are a citizen of the United States, you do not need a visa if your stay will be less than 90 days. For stays longer than 90 days or for other types of travel, such as study or work, you will need to apply for the appropriate visa at a Colombian consulate before your trip.
When applying for a Colombian visa, you will need to provide the following documents:
-A completed application form
-A passport-sized photo
-A copy of your flight itinerary or proof of travel
-Proof of financial means (bank statements, credit card statements, etc.)
-Other documents as required by the Colombian consulate
What Are the Restrictions for a Colombian Tourist Visa?
Colombian citizens can visit the United States as tourists without a visa if they meet certain requirements. If you’re a Green Card holder, you may also visit Colombia without a visa for up to 90 days. However, all travelers must have a passport that is valid for at least six months after their planned date of return from the United States. Tourists from Colombia must also show proof of sufficient funds to support their stay in the United States and have a return or onward ticket.
What Happens if You Overstay Your Colombian Tourist Visa?
If you overstay your Colombian tourist visa, you will be subject to a fine. The amount of the fine will depend on how long you have overstayed your visa. If you overstay your visa by more than 180 days, you will be barred from returning to Colombia for three years.
Can You Renew Your Colombian Tourist Visa?
Yes, you can renew your Colombian tourist visa. The process is simple and straightforward, and it only takes a few minutes to complete.