Looking for a eco-friendly destination for your next vacation? Check out our list of the top 5 green countries to travel to this year!
Checkout this video:
If you’re looking for a vacation that will leave you feeling refreshed and invigorated, consider visiting one of these five green countries. From the lush rainforests of Costa Rica to the stunning landscapes of Iceland, these destinations offer a unique opportunity to enjoy some of nature’s best creations.
Costa Rica is often lauded as one of the world’s greenest countries, and it’s easy to see why. More than a quarter of the country is made up of protected jungle, home to an incredible variety of plant and animal life. Costa Rica is also working hard to be carbon-neutral by 2021 – an admirable target. When you’re not relaxing on one of the country’s many beautiful beaches, you can go zip-lining through the jungle or hiking in a national park.
If you’re looking for an eco-friendly destination to travel to this year, consider Belize. This Central American country is known for its lush rainforests, stunning coral reefs, and abundance of wildlife. Here are some of the top reasons to add Belize to your travel list:
1. The country is home to the world’s second-largest barrier reef, making it a perfect destination for snorkeling and diving.
2. Belize is committed to protecting its natural resources and has designated over 25% of its land as protected area.
3. The country has a rich culture and history, with Mayan ruins and colonial architecture to explore.
4. Belize is relatively unexplored by tourists, so you can avoid the crowds and enjoy its pristine surroundings.
5. English is the official language in Belize, making communication easy for travelers from English-speaking countries.
If you’re looking for a green destination to add to your travel list this year, look no further than Mexico. With an array of eco-tourism options, from jungle hikes to turtle watching, there’s plenty to see and do in this beautiful country. Here are five of the best green destinations to visit in Mexico:
1. Puerto Vallarta – Located on Mexico’s Pacific coast, Puerto Vallarta is a popular tourist destination for its beaches, nightlife and traditional Mexican culture. However, it’s also an excellent place for eco-tourism, with a number of companies offering tours of the nearby jungle and Sierra Madre mountains.
2. San Cristobal de las Casas – This town in southern Mexico is famous for its textiles and handicrafts, but it’s also home to a number of eco-lodges and tour operators offering jungle treks and visits to nearby Maya archaeological sites.
3. Isla Holbox – This small island off the coast of Quintana Roo is a haven for nature lovers, with plenty of birdwatching and turtle watching opportunities, as well as swimming with whale sharks in the summer months.
4. Mahahual – Mahahual is a small fishing village located on the Costa Maya, which has become increasingly popular with tourists in recent years. The area around Mahahual is perfect for snorkelling and diving, and there are also a number of Mayan ruins in the vicinity that are worth exploring.
5. Copper Canyon – Not to be confused with America’s Grand Canyon, Mexico’s Copper Canyon is actually a network of six different canyons located in the state of Chihuahua. It’s one of the country’s most popular tourist destinations, thanks to its stunning scenery and abundance of outdoor activities such as hiking, biking and horseback riding.
With its lush rainforests, pristine beaches, and rich biodiversity, Panama is one of the most naturally beautiful countries in the world. And thanks to its recent eco-friendly initiatives, it’s also becoming one of the most sustainable places to travel.
From plastic reduction programs to reforestation projects, Panama is working hard to protect its environment. And it’s not just the government that’s taking action – EcoCircuits Panama offers sustainable tours of the country, while think eco lodge Finca Lerida is 100% powered by renewable energy.
So if you’re looking for an eco-friendly destination for your next vacation be sure to add Panama to your list!
Chile is a South American country known for its dramatic landscapes. The country is home to the Andes mountains and the Atacama Desert. It also has nearly 3,000 miles of coastline on the Pacific Ocean. Chile is a popular tourist destination for its skiing, hiking, and surfing opportunities. It is also home to a number of World Heritage sites, including Easter Island and the city of Valparaiso.
If you’re looking for a green country to travel to this year, consider Argentina. The South American country has a variety of landscapes, from the Andes Mountains to the steppes of Patagonia, and is home to some of the world’s most diverse wildlife.
Argentina is also one of the world’s top producers of renewable energy, with hydroelectricity accounting for almost 60% of its electricity generation. And it’s not just hydro – the country has also invested heavily in wind and solar power in recent years.
So if you’re looking for a green destination that offers plenty of adventure, Argentina should be top of your list.
Uruguay is quickly becoming a top travel destination for eco-conscious travelers. With its endless beaches, protected national parks, and commitment to sustainable tourism, Uruguay is an ideal destination for those looking to enjoy the great outdoors without sacrificing comfort or luxury.
Here are just a few of the reasons why Uruguay should be at the top of your list of green destinations to visit this year:
1. Uruguay has some of the cleanest beaches in the world.
2. It is home to one of the largest freshwater reserves in South America.
3. The country has a nationwide system of protected areas, including 12 national parks.
4. Uruguayan officials are committed to sustainable tourism practices, and are working to reduce the environmental impact of tourism on the country’s ecosystems.
5. Several luxury eco-resorts have opened in Uruguay in recent years, offering travelers upscale accommodations that are also environmentally friendly.
If you’re looking for a pristine, natural environment to explore this year,Ecuador should be at the top of your list. With a coastline on the Pacific Ocean, Ecuador is home to some of the most biodiverse ecosystems in the world. From its Amazon rainforest to its Galapagos Islands, Ecuador is teeming with wildlife.
Ecuador is also one of the most affordable countries to travel to. Its capital city, Quito, was recently named the cheapest city in South America by Lonely Planet. And with direct flights from major U.S. cities like New York and Miami, getting there has never been easier.
Here are five reasons why Ecuador should be at the top of your travel list this year:
1. The Amazon rainforest
The Amazon rainforest is one of the most biodiverse ecosystems on earth. And Ecuador is home to a large portion of it. In fact, nearly 60% of Ecuador is covered in forest — making it the perfect destination for nature lovers and adventure seekers alike.
2. The Galapagos Islands
The Galapagos Islands are one of the most unique destinations on earth. Located about 600 miles off Ecuador’s coast, this archipelago is home to an array of endemic species that can be found nowhere else in the world. From giant tortoises to marine iguanas, a trip to the Galapagos is sure to be unforgettable.
3. Volcanoes and mountains
Ecuador is home to some of the world’s tallest volcanoes and highest mountains. For adventure seekers, there’s no shortage of things to do — from mountain biking and zip-lining to hiking and rock climbing. And for those who prefer something a little more relaxed, simply soaking in one of Ecuador’s many hot springs is sure to hit the spot.
4. Beaches and coastline
With nearly 1,000 miles of coastline on the Pacific Ocean, Ecuador has no shortage of beautiful beaches to choose from — whether you’re looking for a cozy beach town or a remote stretch of sand all to yourself. And with average temperatures ranging from 70-80 degrees Fahrenheit year-round, it’s always beach weather in Ecuador!
If you’re looking for a beautiful and sustainable country to travel to this year, Peru should be at the top of your list! From the stunning Andean mountains to the sheltered coastline, Peru is full of natural wonders to explore. Plus, there are plenty of things to do in Peru that will help you get off the beaten path and experience the country’s vibrant culture. Here are just a few of the reasons why Peru should be at the top of your travel list this year!
1. You can explore some of the most stunning scenery in the world.
From the snow-capped peaks of the Andes to the lush Amazon rainforest, Peru is home to some of the most varied and breathtaking scenery on earth. No matter what kind of landscape you’re looking for, you’ll be able to find it in Peru.
2. You can learn about indigenous cultures that have been around for centuries.
Peru is home to a number of indigenous peoples, each with their own unique culture and history. By traveling to Peru, you can learn more about these cultures and how they’ve managed to survive and thrive in spite of encroachment from outside forces.
3. You can experience different aspects of Peruvian culture.
From traditional music and dance to delicious food and colorful festivals, there’s a lot to experience when it comes to Peruvian culture. By travelers to Peru can get a taste of this vibrant culture and learn more about what makes it so special.
4. You can find plenty of sustainable travel options.
Peru is becoming increasingly known as a leader in sustainable tourism, so it’s easy to find travel options that are environmentally friendly and responsible. Whether you want to stay in eco-lodges or take part in volunteer projects, there are plenty of ways to make your trip more sustainable.
5. You can support local economies by spending your money responsibly.
When you travel to Peru, you have the opportunity to support local economies by spending your money at locally owned businesses and choosing tour operators that benefit local communities. By doing this, you can help ensure that more of your money goes directly into the hands of those who need it most.