- The best international travel destinations
- Why these destinations were chosen
- What makes these destinations great for travel
- How to make the most of your trip to these destinations
- What to see and do in these destinations
- Where to stay in these destinations
- How to get around in these destinations
- Tips for travelling to these destinations
The Green List is the best way to find the top international travel destinations. We’ve got the inside scoop on the best places to travel.
Checkout this video:
The Green List is your guide to the best international travel destinations. We’ve compiled a list of the top destinations for eco-conscious travelers. These are the places where you can find the most beautiful natural scenery, the best food and wine, and the most welcoming locals.
We’ve also included a few tips on how to make your trip as eco-friendly as possible. With this guide, you can travel the world and know that you’re doing your part to protect it.
The best international travel destinations
What are the best international travel destinations? This is a question that is often asked by travelers. There are many factors to consider when choosing a destination, such as climate, culture, cuisine, and cost.
To help you narrow down your choices, we have compiled a list of the best international travel destinations. These destinations were chosen based on their popularity with travelers, their safety, and their overall value.
On our list, you will find destinations that are ideal for a variety of interests and budgets. So whether you are looking for a beach vacation or an exciting city break, we have a destination for you.
So what are you waiting for? Start planning your next adventure today!
Why these destinations were chosen
The following destinations were chosen because they offer a unique and authentic travel experience, are eco-friendly, and are committed to sustainable tourism practices.
Eco-friendly travel is not just about where you go, but also how you get there and what you do when you arrive. It’s about being conscious of your impact on the environment and local communities, and making an effort to minimize that impact.
Sustainable tourism is tourism that does not have a negative impact on the environment or local communities. It is an approach to tourism that is based on the principles of environmental conservation, social responsibility, and economic development.
The following destinations have been chosen because they meet all three of these criteria: they offer a unique and authentic travel experience, are eco-friendly, and are committed to sustainable tourism practices.
2. Costa Rica
What makes these destinations great for travel
Every year, Conde Nast Traveler releases their “Green List” of the best international travel destinations. For the 2018 list, the editors considered a number of factors, including “sustainability initiatives, energy conservation, and commitment to reducing carbon emissions.” Here are some of the highlights from this year’s list.
-Bhutan: The tiny Kingdom of Bhutan is located in the Himalayas and is known for its commitment to sustainable tourism. All visitors must pay a daily “environmental tax” which goes towards conservation efforts.
– Chile: Chile spans a large part of South America’s west coast, and its varied landscape means that there is something for everyone, from the desert to the mountains to the rainforest. The country is also working to become carbon-neutral by 2050.
– Costa Rica: Costa Rica is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Central America, and it’s easy to see why with its beautiful beaches, lush rainforests, and volcanoes. The country is also working hard to reduce its reliance on fossil fuels and promote sustainable tourism.
How to make the most of your trip to these destinations
Whether you’re looking for an adventure-filled trip or a relaxing getaway, there’s sure to be a destination on this list that piques your interest. From the Andes Mountains to the Great Barrier Reef, these spots offer travelers a chance to see some of the most amazing natural wonders in the world. And with so many different cultures represented, you’re sure to find a place that feels like home.
No matter where you go, there are a few things you can do to make the most of your trip. First, be sure to research the local customs and culture before you go. This will help you avoid any potential misunderstandings and make the most of your interactions with locals. Second, take advantage of every opportunity to immerse yourself in the local language and culture. Whether it’s taking a cooking class or simply striking up a conversation with a taxi driver, these experiences will add tremendously to your trip. Finally, don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone. Try new things and push yourself to see things from different perspectives. By following these tips, you’re sure to have an incredible experience wherever your travels take you.
What to see and do in these destinations
There is so much more to travel than visiting the most well-known tourist traps. broadening your horizons can also mean exploring new destinations, many of which may be right in your own backyard. With that in mind, here is a list of ten international travel destinations that are often overlooked but definitely worth a visit.
1. Cuba – Despite recent changes, Cuba is still a relatively unknown destination for American tourists. Havana, the capital city, is a great place to start exploring. Be sure to check out the Old Havana neighborhood, a UNESCO World Heritage site with plenty of colonial-era architecture.
2. Norway – Tourists often flock to Scandinavia in the summertime to take advantage of the region’s famously long days and short nights. But Norway has plenty to offer in the winter as well, including some of the best skiing and snowboarding in Europe. The picturesque town of Oslo is also worth a visit, especially if you’re interested in history and culture.
3. Mexico – Mexico is often thought of as a beach destination, but there’s much more to see and do here than just lounge on the sand. The ancient city of Chichen Itza, for example, is one of the Seven Wonders of the World and a must-see for any history buff. Alternatively, if you’re looking for something more laid-back, Tulum offers gorgeous beaches and nearby ruins that are also worth exploring.
4. Morocco – With its winding streets and atmospheric marketplaces, Morocco looks like it was pulled straight out of a fairytale. The reality is even better than fiction though, especially if you love good food (Morocco is known for its spices) and shopping (bargaining is expected). Fes and Marrakech are two cities not to be missed on any visit to Morocco.
5 Portugal – Portugal might be small, but it packs a big punch when it comes to things to see and do. In addition to stunning coastal towns like Lisbon and Porto, Portugal also has plenty of inland attractions worth visiting as well. The Douro Valley region, for example, is renowned for its wine production and picturesque landscapes.
6 Romania – Romania isn’t usually at the top of most travelers’ lists but it should be! This country has everything from great food (try the local dishes “mamaliga” and “sarmale”) medieval castles (like Bran Castle) to Unesco World Heritage sites (like Sighisoara). Not to mention that Transylvania – yes, that Transylvania – is located here too! So if you’re looking for an off-the-beaten-path destination with plenty to offer visitors, Romania should definitely be at the top of your list.
7 Singapore – Singapore is one of those destinations that has something for everyone: great food , interesting history , stunning architecture , beautiful beaches , world-class shopping , And with English being one of the official languages here , it’s also an easy place for English speakers to get around without too much difficulty . So whether you’re looking for an action-packed vacation or a relaxing getaway , Singapore should definitely be on your radar .
8 South Korea – South Korea has been rapidly gaining popularity as a travel destination in recent years but there are still many people who haven’t considered visiting this fascinating country . Seoul , the capital city , boasts an incredible mix of traditional culture (such as temples and palaces ) alongside more contemporary attractions (like K – pop clubs and shops ). And outside of Seoul , visitors can find even more to see and do including hiking Mt . Seorak or exploring one of Korea’s many national parks . So if you’re looking for an Asia trip with a mix of both history and modernity , add South Korea to your list .
Where to stay in these destinations
While most of the focus is on where to go when traveling, it’s just as important to think about where you’ll stay. After all, you’ll be spending a good chunk of time in your accommodations, so you want to make sure they’re comfortable and conveniently located.
With that in mind, here are some of the best places to stay in some of the world’s most popular travel destinations:
Spain – If you’re looking for a luxurious stay in Spain, the Gran Hotel Domine Bilbao is a great option. Located in Bilbao’s old town, this hotel offers stunning views of the cityscape from its rooms and rooftop bar. For something a bit more affordable, the Pension Torre del Oro is a great choice. This small pension is located right in the heart of Seville’s old town, making it easy to explore all that the city has to offer.
France – The Hotel du Louvre is a must-stay for those visiting Paris. This elegant hotel offers close proximity to some of the city’s most famous attractions, including the Louvre Museum and the Tuileries Gardens. For something with a more local feel, try Le sixieme arrondissement de Paris. This boutique hotel is located in Paris’ trendy 6th arrondissement and features chic rooms and an on-site restaurant serving up French classics.
Italy – Rome is home to countless hotels, but one that stands out is The Cavalieri Hilton. This grand hotel offers breathtaking views of the city from its rooftop restaurant and bar, as well as easy access to many of Rome’s most popular sights. If you’re looking for something a bit more low-key, try La Dimora Del Centro Storico. This cozy bed and breakfast is located in Rome’s historical center and Recently been renovated while still maintaining its old-world charm.
How to get around in these destinations
There are many ways to get around in these destinations, including public transport, taxis, rental cars, and private chauffeurs. Public transport is usually the cheapest and most convenient option, but it can be crowded and infrequent in some areas. Taxis are a good option if you need to get somewhere quickly or if public transport is not available. Rental cars are a good option if you plan to do a lot of driving, but remember that driving conditions and laws can be different in other countries. Private chauffeurs are a good option if you want someone to take care of all the driving for you.
Tips for travelling to these destinations
If you’re looking for the best international travel destinations, you can’t go wrong with any of the following destinations. Each destination offers something unique and exciting, and is sure to give you a vacation you’ll never forget.
1. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: With its stunning beaches, lively nightlife, and rich culture, Rio is a must-visit for any traveler looking for an exotic and exciting destination.
2. Tokyo, Japan: Tokyo is a bustling metropolis that offers travelers a unique blend of traditional and modern Japanese culture. From temples and shrines to high-tech gadgetry, there’s something for everyone in Tokyo.
3. Istanbul, Turkey: Istanbul is a fascinating city that spans two continents, Europe and Asia. With a rich history and diverse culture, Istanbul is a must-see for any traveler looking to experience something truly unique.
4. Cusco, Peru: Cusco is the perfect destination for travelers looking to experience the Inca culture firsthand. With its well-preserved ruins and stunning scenery, Cusco is sure to leave you awestruck.
5. Cape Town, South Africa: Cape Town is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, with its Table Mountain backdrop and stunning beaches. It’s also a great place to experience African culture firsthand.
So there you have it, the best international travel destinations according to The Green List. We hope you enjoyed reading and that our list has inspired you to start planning your next trip. Whether you’re looking for a place to relax, party or explore, we’re sure you’ll find the perfect destination on our list.