- How to find the best travel deals
- How to save money on travel
- How to make the most of your travel budget
- How to find the best travel insurance
- How to stay safe while travelling
- How to choose the right travel destination
- How to make the most of your travel time
- How to find the best accommodation while travelling
- How to enjoy your travels to the fullest
- Harry Green’s top travel tips
Harry Green is your average British bloke with a love of travel. Here he gives his top tips on how to get the most out of your travels, whatever your budget.
Checkout this video:
How to find the best travel deals
With the warm weather finally here, many of us are making plans for summer vacations. But whether you’re traveling by plane, train or automobile, one fact is certain: Travel can be expensive. That’s why finding ways to save on travel expenses is more important than ever.
Here are some tips from travel expert Harry Green on how to find the best deals on transportation, lodging and attractions:
1. When it comes to airfare, timing is everything. The best time to buy domestic airline tickets is usually between four and eight weeks before your departure date. For international flights, it’s best to start shopping even earlier — anywhere from two to three months in advance. And remember, Tuesday is usually the cheapest day to fly.
2. When it comes to hotels, don’t just focus on the nightly rate. Many hotels offer discounts if you stay for a week or more, so that could be a more economical option if you’re planning a longer vacation. Also, be sure to check for package deals that combine hotel accommodations with other activities, such as golf or ski passes. You might be surprised at how much you can save.
3. When it comes to attractions like museums and theme parks, many offer discount admission if you purchase your tickets in advance online. And don’t forget about student discounts — they can add up to big savings if you’re traveling with kids who are enrolled in school.
4. One final tip: If you have the flexibility, try to plan your trip during the off-season when rates are typically lower. That could mean traveling in the spring or fall instead of during the peak summer months, or visiting popular destinations during the winter instead of during the busy holiday season.
By following these tips, you’ll be sure to find the best travel deals and save money on your next vacation
How to save money on travel
Green’s top tips for saving money on travel are:
1. Look for deals and discounts. There are often great deals to be found if you know where to look. Try websites like Kayak or Travelocity, or sign up for newsletters from airlines and travel companies.
2. Be flexible with your dates and destination. You can often save money by being willing to travel on different dates or to different places.
3. Avoid tourist traps. If you’re visiting a popular tourist destination, try to avoid the areas that are full of tourists and expensive restaurants and shops. Instead, explore the more local areas where you can find great food and souvenirs at a fraction of the cost.
4. Travel off-season. If you’re willing to travel during the less popular times of year, you can often find great deals on flights and accommodations.
How to make the most of your travel budget
If you’re looking to get the most bang for your buck when traveling, you’ll want to follow these tips from Harry Green, travel expert and CEO of STA Travel.
1. Plan ahead and book your flights and accommodation in advance.
2. Take advantage of loyalty programs and sign up for a travel credit card.
3. Use websites like Skyscanner and Kayak to compare flight prices.
4. Don’t exchange money at the airport – find a local bank or ATM instead.
5. Download apps like Google Maps and Uber before you leave so you don’t get lost or overcharged for taxis.
6. Pack light – you’ll save on baggage fees and have more space in your hotel room.
7. Avoid tourist traps – do some research before you go so you can find the best (and cheapest) places to eat and drink.
8. Seek out free attractions – many museums and galleries offer free admission days or times.
9 An inexpensive way to see a new place is to take a free walking tour offered by companies like Sandemans New Europe Tours.
How to find the best travel insurance
When you’re planning a trip, the last thing you want to worry about is what will happen if something goes wrong. That’s where travel insurance comes in. Travel insurance can protect you from a variety of unexpected events, including trip cancellations, lost or stolen luggage, and medical emergencies.
There are many different types of travel insurance policies available, so it’s important to do some research to find the one that best suits your needs. You should consider factors such as the length of your trip, the countries you’re visiting, and any pre-existing medical conditions you have.
Once you’ve decided on the type of policy you need, it’s time to start shopping around. Be sure to compare prices and coverage from different providers before making a decision. And don’t forget to read the fine print! Some policies have exclusions and limitations that you may not be aware of.
If you follow these tips, you should be able to find the best travel insurance policy for your next trip.
How to stay safe while travelling
No matter where you’re travelling, it’s important to be aware of your surroundings and take precautions to stay safe. Here are some general tips to keep in mind:
-Be informed about the areas you’ll be visiting and research any potential safety concerns.
-Keep a copy of your passport and other important documents in a safe, accessible place.
-Pack light and only carry essential items with you.
-Be aware of your belongings and keep them close by at all times.
-Avoid walking alone at night or in unfamiliar areas.
-Avoid carrying large amounts of cash or valuables with you.
-Trust your instincts – if something doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t.
How to choose the right travel destination
The first step is to define what kind of traveler you are and what type of travel suits you best: do you like active vacations or relaxing ones, are you looking to discover new cultures or stick to more familiar surroundings, do you want an all-inclusive trip or one where you have to plan each step?
Once you have a better idea of what kind of traveler you are, the next step is to start exploring different destinations that fit that description. Read travel blogs, look at pictures on social media, and visit travel websites to get a better sense of each place. Once you have a few potential destinations in mind, it’s time to start doing some research on each one.
When researching a potential travel destination, it’s important to consider a few different factors: safety, cost, weather, and accessibility. You should also make sure to read up on the customs and culture of the country or region you’re planning to visit, so that you can be respectful and avoid any potentially awkward situations.
Once you’ve done your research and narrow down your list of potential travel destinations, it’s time to start planning your trip! This is where you’ll need to take into account things like costs, accommodations, flights, and activity choices. Depending on your budget and how much time you have available, you may want to consider using a travel agent or planning company to help take care of some of the details.
After all the planning and preparation is done, it’s finally time for the fun part: packing your bags and getting ready for your adventure!
How to make the most of your travel time
No matter where you’re going or how long you’ll be there, it’s important to make the most of your travel time. With a little planning and preparation, you can ensure that you have a great trip – and come home feeling relaxed and refreshed.
Here are some of Harry Green’s top tips for making the most of your travel time:
-Book your flights in advance. This will give you the best chance of getting the dates and times that suit you.
-Make sure you have all the documents you need. Passports, visas, tickets, insurance – don’t leave anything to chance.
-Pack light. The lighter your luggage, the easier it will be to get around.
-Do your research. Before you go, find out about the places you want to visit. This will help you make the most of your time when you’re there.
-Be flexible. Plans change, so be prepared to change with them. If something doesn’t work out as planned, don’t stress – there’s always something else to do.
-Enjoy yourself! This is supposed to be a vacation, so make sure you take some time to relax and enjoy yourself.
How to find the best accommodation while travelling
There are a few things to keep in mind when looking for accommodation while travelling. The first is to decide what kind of accommodation you want. There are many different types, from camping and hostels to hotels and Airbnbs. The second is to research your options. Once you know what kind of accommodation you want, you can start looking into specific places.
Third, book in advance. This will help guarantee that you get the kind of accommodation you want and that it’s available when you need it. Fourth, read reviews. Not all reviews are created equal, but they can give you a general idea of what to expect from a place.
Finally, don’t be afraid to ask for help. If you’re having trouble finding the right accommodation or have questions about a specific place, reach out to someone who can help.
How to enjoy your travels to the fullest
1. Do your research before you go. This will help you know what to expect and how to make the most of your trip.
2. Make a packing list and include everything you think you will need, even if you are not sure you will use it all.
3. Try to travel light so that you can easily move around and not feel weighed down by your luggage.
4. Be prepared for anything. Weather, transportation delays, and other unforeseen circumstances can happen when you least expect it.
5. Relax and go with the flow. Don’t try to force yourself to do things that you are not comfortable with or do not want to do.
6. Enjoy your surroundings and take time to soak everything in. This is especially important if you are visiting a place for the first time.
7. Talk to people and get to know them. You never know who you will meet or what they will teach you about their culture or country.
8. Keep an open mind and be respectful of other cultures and customs even if they are different from your own
Harry Green’s top travel tips
Harry Green is a travel expert who has been exploring the world for over 20 years. Here are his top tips for making the most of your travel experiences:
• Do your research. Before you book a trip, take some time to research your destination. This will help you choose the right place to stay and the best activities to do while you’re there.
• Travel with an open mind. Be open to new experiences and don’t be afraid to try something new. You never know what you’ll discover until you give it a go!
• Talk to locals. One of the best ways to learn about a place is to talk to the people who live there. They can give you insider tips on the best places to eat, drink and explore.
• Slow down. When you’re traveling, it’s easy to get caught up in trying to see and do everything. But it’s important to slow down and take time to appreciate your surroundings. That way, you’ll truly have an authentic travel experience.