From coast to coast, the USA has an array of destinations that offer beautiful scenery and plenty of opportunity to help preserve the environment.
Checkout this video:
Whether you’re looking for an eco-friendly resort, a nature preserve to explore, or a city with green initiatives, the United States has many options for green travel destinations.
Here are our top 10 picks for the best green travel destinations in the USA:
1. San Francisco, California
2. Boulder, Colorado
3. Maui, Hawaii
4. Portland, Oregon
5. Seattle, Washington
6. Park City, Utah
7. Chicago, Illinois
8. Boston, Massachusetts
9. Atlanta, Georgia
10. Washington D.C.
Acadia National Park, Maine
Acadia National Park is a must-see for any nature lover. Located in Maine, Acadia is home to stunning mountain views, pristine forests, and miles of hiking trails. The park is also home to a variety of wildlife, including moose, bears, and eagles.
Arches National Park, Utah
Arches National Park, Utah is one of the top green travel destinations in the USA according to National Geographic. The park is home to more than 2,000 natural sandstone arches, as well as a variety of other geological formations. Visitors can explore the park by hiking, camping, and rock climbing.
Badlands National Park, South Dakota
Badlands National Park, located in southwestern South Dakota, is one of the most unique and beautiful national parks in the United States. The park is home to a variety of plants and animals, as well as some of the most stunning landscapes in the country.
Badlands National Park is a great destination for those looking to experience nature at its best. The park offers a variety of activities for visitors, including hiking, camping, biking, and horseback riding. There are also several ranger-led programs offered throughout the year.
Big Bend National Park, Texas
Big Bend National Park is one of the largest national parks in the United States. Located in southwest Texas, it spans more than 800,000 acres. The park is home to a wide variety of landscapes, including mountains, canyons, deserts, and rivers. The park is also home to a variety of wildlife, including some of the rarest species in the country.
Biscayne National Park, Florida
Biscayne National Park is a U.S. National Park located in southern Florida, east of Miami. The park preserves Biscayne Bay and its offshore reefs. The park is also home to the shipwreck of the SS Norwich City, a British liner that ran aground in 1925.
Biscayne National Park is a great place to visit for its amazing wildlife, including manatees, dolphins, sea turtles, and over 500 species of fish. The park is also a perfect destination for bird watching, with over 200 species of birds inhabiting the park.
Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park, Colorado
Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park is one of the top green travel destinations in the USA. The park is known for its dramatic landscapes, with steep canyon walls that drop 2,000 feet to the Gunnison River below. The park is also home to some of the darkest night skies in the country, making it a great place to stargaze.
Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah
Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah is one of the top green travel destinations in the USA. The park is home to a variety of plants and animals, as well as countless opportunities to hike, bike, and explore the great outdoors.
Canyonlands National Park, Utah
Canyonlands National Park is a massive outdoor playground located in southeastern Utah. The park is divided into four distinct districts – the Island in the Sky, the Needles, the Maze, and the rivers – each with its own unique geology and ecosystem. Hiking, camping, mountain biking, canyoneering, and four-wheel driving are just a few of the activities available to visitors.
Capitol Reef National Park, Utah
Capitol Reef National Park is one of the most popular green travel destinations in the USA. The park is known for its stunning scenery and its wide variety of outdoor activities. Visitors can hike, bike, or take a scenic drive through the park. There are also plenty of opportunities for bird watching and wildlife photography.
Assuming that you’re interested in eco-friendly travel, here are our top 10 picks for green travel destinations in the United States:
1. Hawaii – With its pristine beaches and lush tropical forests, Hawaii is an obvious choice for an eco-friendly vacation.
2. Alaska – Another great option for nature lovers, Alaska boasts glaciers, mountains, and wildlife galore.
3. California – From the Redwood forests to the Napa Valley vineyards, California has something for everyone – including plenty of green options for travelers.
4. Oregon – Like California, Oregon is home to both stunning natural beauty and vibrant city life – making it a great pick for a sustainable vacation.
5. Washington – Another state with plenty to offer in terms of both urban and outdoor exploration, Washington is a great destination for eco-conscious travelers.
6. Montana – If you’re looking to get away from it all, Montana is your perfect destination. With its wide open spaces and stunning scenery, it’s sure to please even the most diehard nature lover.
7. Wyoming – Another ideal destination for those who love the great outdoors, Wyoming offers plenty of opportunities for hiking, camping, and other outdoor activities.
8. Colorado – A favorite among skiers and snowboarders, Colorado also has a lot to offer in terms of sustainable travel options.
9. New Mexico – From its picturesque deserts to its vibrant cultural scene, New Mexico is a great destination for those looking for an eco-friendly vacation with a bit of flair.
10. Utah – Last but not least, Utah rounds out our list of top 10 green travel destinations in the United States. With its diverse landscape and ample outdoor recreation options, it’s easy to see why Utah is such a popular destination among sustainable travelers.